The 200-hour program is the first step on your yoga journey of discovering, sharing, and teaching. Your next step is the 300-hour program which offers an opportunity to take your learning, leadership, and teaching to the next level. The 300- Hour modules are more in-depth at every level, and offer styles of yoga not offered in the 200-hour certification (such as Yin and Restorative Yoga). Other comprehensive topics include Leadership Training, Advanced Coaching and Feedback, Assisting with Confidence, and Advanced Yoga Anatomy. You will also dive deeper into the philosophy of yoga, and learn skillful techniques for sharing the aspects of yoga that speak to your heart, including community outreach to those who are underserved.
Each module is in an immersion format offered Friday night through Sunday afternoon (with occasional 4-day modules), and are led by Vicki Rioux Rickard and Jean Rioux - instructors with over 25 years of combined experience in mentoring, coaching, and empowering students and teachers.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE THE 500-HR CERTIFICATION INCLUDE THE COMPLETION OF:
1. A 200-Hour Yoga Alliance Accredited Program from the Jiva Yoga Center or elsewhere.
3. A Final Essay on the aspect of yoga that most touches your heart. 500-1000 words double-spaced.
- OCTOBER 21-Nov. 10, 2013 30 YOGA CHALLENGE WITH JEAN RIOUX
- NOVEMBER 8-10, 2013 RESTORATIVE YOGA WITH VICKI RICKARD
- NOVEMBER 17, 2013 ARM BALANCES AND INVERSIONS WITH JEAN RIOUX
- DECEMBER 13, 2013 CHAKRAS AND CHOCOLATE WITH VICKI RICKARD
- JANUARY 24-26 2014 YIN YOGA WITH JEAN RIOUX
- FEB 27 – MARCH 2, 2014 4- DAY ADVANCED VINYASA TRAINING WITH VICKI RICKARD
- APRIL 11-13, 2014 YOGA SUTRA STUDY SERIES WITH VICKI RICKARD
- MAY 23-25, 2014 ANATOMY WITH JEAN RIOUX